GDPR at Heale’s Clinics
When you supply your personal details to this practice they are stored and processed.
We need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contact. You can of course refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
We have a ‘legitimate interest’ in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes ‘legitimate interest’ but this time it is your legitimate interest.
Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you information in regards to your appointments or documents related specifically to your health. You may withdraw your consent at any time – just let the clinic receptionist know by any convenient method.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment, but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish.
Your records are stored:
- On paper in locked filing cabinets and the clinics are always alarmed and locked after hours.
- Electronically (in the cloud). The provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected and the passwords are changed regularly.
- On our office computers. These are password protected backed up regularly and locked and alarmed out of working hours.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people will have routine access to your data;
- Your practitioner(s) in order that they can provide you with treatment.
- Our reception team, because they organise our practitioner’s diaries, they maintain and organise the practice filing system and they co-ordinate appointments and reminders.
- Other administration staff such as accounts/bookkeeper. However these administration staff will not have access to your medical notes, just your essential contact details.
- We also use TM3 to coordinate your text/email messages so your name and address may be saved on their server.
If ever Heale’s Clinics is involved in a merger, or sale of all or a portion of assets you will be notified via and a prominent notice on the website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed you can also ask us to erase your records.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to our Data controller Peter Heale at the following email address:
Data Controller: Peter Heale
From the team at Heale's Chiropractic Clinics
Over 30 years of helping people in Hitchin and Luton and the surrounding areas of Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire